Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Magic of Dog Fairies or Why My Neighbors Think I am Crazy

I was cleaning the craft room this morning, sipping my morning coffee, and my daughter comes down to ask if she can put wings on the dog. I didn't think much of it. "Sure, if you can get them on her."  So a while passes, and I still cleaning away.  THUMP THUMP THUMP down the stairs. "MOM!"

"Yes?" I had already forgotten her mission.

"LOOK!"

There was my tiny grown up wearing her wings, make up to look like a butterfly with spots, holding up a pair of blue wings for me.  And there beside her was a silly wiggly dog.  Wearing orange wings. "Momma, are you gonna play fairies with me and come to fairyland?"

"No Sweety, I'm . . . Yes, yes I am."

So we played fetch in the back yard. It is apparently called "Flingo" when fairies do it.  We played on the swings. We played chase. We made movies. It was a blast. Sometimes you just have to let the cleaning wait. The mess will still be there tomorrow. A glowing glitter covered 6 year old fairy will be on to the next adventure by then.














No comments:

Post a Comment