Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Out West Part 7: Zion National Park

Zion was by far the most beautiful part of the trip.  If you are spiritual at all, this is a place for some pretty strong female energy.




115 degrees? No Problem.

Apparently cottonwood was once considered the tree of life in this area because it only grows where there is a lot of water to support it.

Climbing Nightshade, solanum dulcamara.

Emerald Pools at Zion National Park.



Hanging gardens at Zion's Weeping Rock.

Weeping Rock

View from Weeping Rock, Zion National Park.
My daughter asked me why the rock was crying, and the only answer I could give her was, "Because she is a mother."  I don't know if she will ever understand what that means, but I really hope it doesn't scar her for life.



Every time I would pull out the camera, the dragon flies would fly away.  As soon as I put the camera away they'd all sit somewhere fabulous.  I finally handed the camera off to the Hubby and he managed to successfully pull off a few shots. I think he camouflaged the camera with some sticks or something.


Dragon Flies on Tiny Grown Up's Back Side! 


 A pink waterfall!

Sacred Datura or Moon Lily.

Night blooming flowers are everywhere at Zion!


Sitting on the beach riverside, tanning, swimming in fresh cool 70 degree, this is the view. I have been to tropical islands resorts less impressive than this camp ground.

Hai!

Riverside Trail  to the Temple of Sinawava at Zion.

I can't help but notice you haz a back pack. Might you haz fudz in that back pack? I shall eye you suspiciously until you give me your fudz.

Golden columbines (agualegia chrysantha) growing out of the rock face.

Entering the Narrows at Zion National Park.

The Virgin River, Zion National Park.

Virgin River, Zion National Park.

We saw a lot of stuff that we didn't manage to photograph as well. There were Darkling Beetlesa white squirrel, hundreds more lizards, ground squirrels, mule deer wandering through our camp site, frogs, tadpoles, toads, sucker fish, condors, Albert's Squirrel, a helgramite large enough to make me want to wear my shoes in the water, 

No comments:

Post a Comment