Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blessings

This week has been filled with random and awesome acts of kindness.  

The other night as I lay in bed, my fiance got up to take a phone call. He was talking to his friend about going out for a boys night. And I hear the strangest sound in the back ground.  He was unloading the clean dishes from the dishwasher.  When it sounded like he was done I was anticipating his return, and instead heard the water start running.  Not only did he put the clean dishes away, but he also washed the cups that were sitting in the sink! 

Last night I made a tasty dinner and my daughter helped make the most awesome strawberry pie.  We pretended it was everyone's birthday and each of the three of us made a wish.  We blew out our candles.  We played "mystery" and went around the house looking for "clues."  We had a pretend dance recital while Ben tried learning a new song on the piano.  After Calli went to sleep Ben washed and folded our laundry.  Ben and I stayed up way too late talking over ideas for the wedding, looking at high school year book photos and having a good laugh.  We laugh so much we hardly sleep, but I think that is a good thing.


After about four hours of sleep, I get a phone call from my mom.  She wanted to know if I could drive her to a doctor's appointment within less than an hour and a half.  It's half an hour to her house and another half hour to the appointment.  I woke Calli up and we rushed out the door and manage to get her there right on time!  So tired, but we had a very nice walk in the MSU gardens while waiting for the appointment to finish.  She took Calli and me out to a nice breakfast at Sawyers. Then we went shopping for fabric for my wedding dress.  I dropped Calli off at my mom's and finished shopping for odds and ends.

I pulled in my driveway and my neighbor asked if I had stuff I wanted to put out for the garage sale he is having.  Perfect weekend for me as I have Saturday off this week! So drug piles of junk out of my basement to try and sell.  What a great day full of unexpected surprises

No comments:

Post a Comment